2-3rd March 2024, Introductory Bodywork Workshop, North London
“When we dare to express what we have not allowed ourselves to feel, when we express the truth, healing occurs.” Marion Rosen
This 2 day Non-Residential Workshop in North London will introduce and explore how the emotions, memories and experiences of our lives can be seen and felt in our bodies; in our muscle tension, breath, and posture.
By contacting muscle tension and observing the breath we can become aware of why we have learnt to hold ourselves in a certain way in response to life, stress and trauma and how it has impacted our potential, our expression and our capacity to live a full and satisfying life.
The gentle touch, sensitive words and supportive presence of Rosen Method can help you let go of unconscious barriers to life. As muscle tension is released and emotions are allowed, you have more space, your inner state changes, you have more energy to be who you really are. You can reconnect with your natural vitality, ease and joy.
The workshop will introduce and explore:
- Increasing the capacity to stay with ourselves, and others, without judgement, to feel and be connected
- Developing the ability to listen more deeply inwards, both with and without touch
- Re-connect with your natural ability to ‘sense’ yourself, who you are, what you need, what’s important to you
- What your tight muscles might be telling you
- Learning how to trust your body
- Finding your authentic voice
- Feeling your response to kindness
- Discover the more that lies within each person
- A deeper connection to self and others
- Exploring how touch and words that are respectful and undemanding, and presence that is supportive and safe, can bring awareness and stimulate new responses to life.
This experiential weekend will include demonstrations, practice in pairs, sharing and time for questions and enquiry.
It is for people who would like to connect with themselves at a deeper level, to be met with compassion, and for those who would like to rediscover their emotional range and joy of life.
The course is for you if you are new to Rosen, or if you have already experienced it and would like to stay in touch with the work.