Rosen Method Training and Therapy Ltd – Data Protection & Privacy Statement.
This is a statement to inform you about all the information that we record about you (in accordance with UK law including that required by EU General Data Protection Regulation). It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we may collect from you, or that you provide to us. Processing data, in the context of this statement, means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. You can get more information about privacy if you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
We are Rosen Method Training and Therapy Ltd, the data controller. This data protection and privacy statement sets out how we will use your personal data.
Our registered office is at: Andorran Ltd, 6 Manor Park Business Centre, Mackenzie Way, Cheltenham, GL51 9TX.
Company Number: 05824788
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not satisfied, the only remedy would be to leave our website immediately. The types of personal data we collect and use:
In making initial contact with Rosen Method Training and Therapy Ltd (RMTTL), you consent to RMTTL maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. For marketing purposes, RMTTL may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which RMTTL believes may be of interest to you, including our newsletter.
Whether or not you become a customer/student, we will use your personal data for the reasons set out below and if you become a customer/student we will use it to manage your customer/student file or service that you have applied and/or subscribed or consented for. We will collect most of this data directly during the course booking and application process. The sources of personal data collected indirectly are mentioned in this statement. The personal data we use may include:
- Full name and personal details including contact information.
- Date of birth /and or age.
- Health history.
Providing your personal data: We will tell you if some personal data is optional, including if we ask for your consent to process it. In all other cases you must provide your personal data, so we can process your customer/student application for each event that you apply for.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
We will process your personal data:
- As necessary to perform our contract with you for the relevant service:
- To take steps at your request prior to entering it;
- To decide whether to enter it;
- To manage and perform that contract;
- To update our records;
- To trace your whereabouts to contact you about your student account and any outstanding financial liability.
- As necessary for our own legitimate interests and those of other persons and organisations, e.g.:
- For good governance, accounting, and managing our business operations;
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities related to your customer/student account;
- For market research, analysis and developing statistics;
- To send you marketing communications and for marketing directly to you at exhibitions or trade fairs.
- As necessary to comply with legal obligation, e.g.;
- When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests;
- For compliance with legal requirements and related disclosures;
- For establishment and defence of legal rights;
- For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime;
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities on your account. Based on your consent, e.g.;
- When you request us to disclose your personal data to other people or organisations, or otherwise agree to disclosures.
- To send you marketing communications where we have asked your consent to do so.
Data anonymisation and aggregation
Your personal data may be converted into statistical or aggregated data which cannot be used to identify you, then used to produce statistical research and reports. The aggregated data may be shared and used in all the ways described above.
Sharing your personal data:
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
- RMTTL staff and teachers;
- Sub-contractors and other persons who helps us provide services;
- Companies and other persons providing services to us;
- Our legal and professional advisors;
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice;
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests;
- To protect the security and integrity of our business operations;
- To other professional parties connected with your Rosen Method student status/certification/professional membership;
- When we re-structure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organisation.
- Anyone else where we have your consent or is required by law.
- Information relating to your method of payment
You can pay by card for certain courses directly on our website, and you will thereby share your payment information directly with a third-party service to carry out these transactions. By using our third-party payment facility, you agree to the terms and conditions set out by them. Please read the user and privacy notices of Stripe
You can also choose to pay by bank transfer or cheque using your name as the reference.
Please refer to RMTTL’s terms and conditions related to booking courses.
Information relating becoming a Newsletter Subscriber
You can sign up directly on our website to receive regular newsletters by our third-party provider. You can unsubscribe at any time. By signing up for our newsletters you also agree to the user and privacy notices of our third-party Mailchimp
Information from third parties
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
Your marketing preferences and related searches
We will use your email address, phone numbers and home address and social media to contact you. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by contacting us. In the case of social media messages, you can manage your social media preferences via that social media platform.
Criteria used to determine retention periods (whether if you become a customer) Retention in case of queries. We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries.
Retention in case of claims. We will retain your personal data for as long as you might legally bring claims against us; and Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will retain your personal data after your account or service has been closed or has otherwise come to an end based on our legal requirements.
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances and that Data Portability is only relevant from May 2018).
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (‘data portability’).
Access to your personal information
At any time, you may review or update or request that we remove personally identifiable information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at email@example.com
After receiving this request, we shall tell you when we expect to provide you with this information. When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise take any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Concerns and Complaints
You can contact us if you have a concern and we will endeavor to assist you in your query. Should you not be satisfied with how we have responded to your concern you can send us a written complaint as the next step, and we record all the information that you have given us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in the complaint.
If we think your complaint is vexatious and without any basis, we shall not correspond to you about it.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law; ico.org.uk
We will update this policy from time to time.
You can contact us at; Rosen Method Training and Therapy Ltd, P.O. Box 304, Kemp House, 152-160 City Rd, London, EC1V 2NX.